View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
sowhynot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default How to deal with TMo Customer Service

Please Login to Remove!

I have been unable to get data coverage at my office since last Wednesday (4/30). I get only GSM coverage. However, when I leave my office and go outside the radius of the cell tower covering my office I get EDGE and I'm fine. So...it's not my phone, it's the network

TMo filed a trouble ticket (after multiple hours on the phone) on 4/30. 5/1 - still no data service and no call from TMo. So, I call back. After multiple hoops I'm put in touch with an alleged Tier 3 support. He tells me that, yes, it appears to be a problem with the tower and it will take between 48 hours and 5 days to fix.

Today is day 5. It's still not fixed.

Called back to TMo and even though I have the name of the person with whom I last spoke, they refuse to put me in touch with that person (who told me to call if I was still having problems). I'm now told it can be 14 days to fix.

I'm not happy and I'm most unhappy with the multiple answers I'm getting and the refusal to allow me to speak with a technician.

I tried the "I'm really close to closing my account" line and the person told me he could transfer me to that department to close my phone. Nice.

Anyone have any magic formula on how to get in touch with someone who can at least give me a reasonable ETA?
Offline   Reply With Quote