View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 02:48 AM   #18
leicashot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

overall make/craftsmanship - standard blackberry, like 8900 except back is rock solid, although plastic. My 9000 battery cover would lose it's catch after some time and needed to be replaced. The 8900 design was better but loose, and the 9700 although a bit cheap feeling is tight as can be.

keyboard - fine for it's size but I do miss the perfect 9000 keyboard.

trackpad - ok, but not convinced it's better than a working trackball. But looks like it will be more reliable over time.

3G coverage - poor with TMO

battery life- excellent, best I've had since my old Nokia 6310

camera - good, but a bit below the Iphone 3gs, especially in low light, and video is a bit jerky.

screen - same as 8900, so small and sharp, would prefer the lower rez 9000 screen as you really can't tell much difference.

reception - pretty good, standard blackberry, possibly less dropped calls (no UMA)

phone sound quality - typical of blackberry, speaker is great and people can hear me well when using it, probably better than other BB's I've had.

Overall, I do prefer the usability of the 9000, but the 9700 is a rock solid device for BB and hard to fault at what it does, cause it does EVERYTHING really really well.

As for TMO, I'm considering changing to the AT&T version for the better 3G and 3G coverage and in building reception strength....any thoughts on this?

Last edited by leicashot; 11-20-2009 at 02:50 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote