View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
Bappyman

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default 507 Error: tried everything, I have searched :)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

Please excuse the newbie...

I've just managed to destroy my main phone by dropping it off a cliff I was climbing and need to get a backup phone working. Since I have worked in IT for aeons, I have boxes full of hardware. Went raking through them and found a couple of Blackberry Curve 8520 models that I bought as part of a job lot some years ago.

Both of them charge and power up fine, both then display the "Reload software 507" error.

Before I continue, please rest assured that I *have* searched, found and tried many solutions both here, on the BB site and on Youtube, but I must be missing something.

As I recall, I bought 3 phones and got one of them working for a friend a couple of years back. Thinking back, I had awful problems which I narrowed down to a managed Group Policy issue. I had to remove all management before I could load on an OS.

Now I am going around in circles between 507 and 561 errors. What I have tried (repeatedly)...

BBSAK: Performed a full wipe, then (using BBDS), tried to redeploy the OS. I have deleted the vendor file and tried installing every available option in the OS list. I get a 561 error, then

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000024]"

...then back to 507.

I'm pretty certain that this is due to a management (group policy) / admin lockdown issue as these phones clearly came out of an enterprise environment, but I cannot work out how to remove this.

I've also tried resetting to factory defaults using BBDS and JL_Cmder v1.9.4

Please does anyone have any ideas? The odds are very much against both phones being knackered.
Offline   Reply With Quote