View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicu2001
byron: Do you miss vzw at all? That service is a bit better than sprint and you still went to Cingular? My berry has been weird lately and I have equip protection so I could spend $50 to get a replacement from Sprint and ebay that for about $175... And yes, phish fan :D
i know exactly what you mean and i can honestly say that i've never been in a situation where i had coverage with verizon and have zero/bad coverage with cingular. in fact, i've noticed having service in places that i didn't have with verizon. the only complaint i have with cingular is handoff issues... sometimes the att & cingular towers don't play nice and hand off the calls cleanly which results in a dropped call. this is what i did, i went to cingular and get my berry and set up a line of service for it. i carried two phones for a couple weeks and compared service/coverage/etc... after 2 weeks i was satisifed and submitted the port for my number. if i would have been unhappy, i return the berry and close the account no questions asked and i'm out maybe $30-40 (or whatever the prorated cost of the service would be).