Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
cleverstar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard S. View Post
Is this the second 9700 you've had this problem with? I thought I saw a msg in another thread that you returned one.
No, not yet.
I returned my first one, just got my replacement new one.
I want to sort out the clues before burning my second one again.
If it's a typical 9700 issue for ATT users, I might just hold on my OS upgrade until there's a solution for it.
Or someone can point out what I missed in my failure cases and if the majority ATT 9700 users don't have my problem, then I may consider trying it again.

Some basic questions, now that I'm over concerned about OS upgrade:
1. when connected to USB, do I click Yes or No for mass storage enablement?
2. is it better to wipe device before trying a completely new OS?
3. do I select automatically back up / restore data when upgrade to a much newer OS?
I don't need anything original at all, if it's a choice, I would like a nuked machine, just give me freedom to install whatever version of OS as many times as I wish, that's good enough. But this piece of device seems so fragile... I liked my old curve 8320, upgraded many times, no issue at all.

This 9700, really reminds me sth in the old days, when you buy an old USB camera, you cannot connect it before install drivers, you have to do exactly as the manual says, install driver first, then connect USB, then it can be used. Otherwise, you screwed it up, no camera, even after you regretted not following instruction and removing the device and reinstalling drivers won't help. Have to clean drivers completely even from cache or reinstall windows to start all over again... this sounds like that... fragile... not robust, not bullet proof reliable...
Offline   Reply With Quote