Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
cleverstar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverstar View Post
This 9700, really reminds me sth in the old days, when you buy an old USB camera, you cannot connect it before install drivers, you have to do exactly as the manual says, install driver first, then connect USB, then it can be used. Otherwise, you screwed it up, no camera, even after you regretted not following instruction and removing the device and reinstalling drivers won't help. Have to clean drivers completely even from cache or reinstall windows to start all over again... this sounds like that... fragile... not robust, not bullet proof reliable...
btw, when it failed at step 2 "Wait for device initialization" w/ error in "Reconnecting to JVM", I noticed some race condition between initialization (a blackberry logo w/ loading progress bar) and the windows USB driver detection/auto installation (indicated in Windows system tray). Everytime it succeeded, I noticed the windows USB device detection/auto installation (after the reinitialization reboot) completed in time before the Rim blackberry loading progress bar hit some critical stage; everytime it failed, I can sense the windows USB device detection/auto installation lagged behind, and it showed USB device detected/installed/ready to use too late and only after the Rim progress bar already failed and turned into a blank screen w/ a battery icon. That's why it reminds me the old USB web camera story... very stupidly similar...

Last edited by cleverstar; 07-08-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote