Thread: time zone issue
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Emery
I'm sure somebody who knows more than me will corrct me if I'm wrong, but since only aiharkness has tried to help......

Not sure about the 8100, but if you haven't tried it maybe try OPTIONS, DATE/TIME. This is the same screen where you set your time zones.

From there you should be able to choose DATE/TIME SOURCE and set it to BLACKBERRY instead of NETWORK. We had a similar issue where the Network was overriding the blackberry, and the time zones were differrent. OT would sit for a day or two then magically go back to the old time zone until I set the source as BB.

Hope you get it figured out, I know first hand that it's frustrating.
That's interesting. This time changing question comes up occaisionally, and I believe there have been cases where it had nothing to with sync, but I never saw it resolved in those instances. If this is solution, I'm curious to know more. I thought network and blackberry were just different sources and nothing more than that.

Edit: I've always had mine set to network. Not because I know any better. Just what I've always done.

Last edited by aiharkness; 08-06-2007 at 05:53 PM..