View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
albiesf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Just got back from the keynote, and I have to say the phone and the multimedia functionality look great. The browser especially on the screen look pretty impressive for displaying web content. I have to hand it to Apple and Mr. Jobs...the device is slick. Of course, I take all of this with a grain of salt...it is a demo and frankly, the iPhone is really a consumer multimedia device, not a business one.

The way Mr. Jobs demonstrated the keyboard and the touch typing on it makes it look difficult to type and respond to emails on a regular basis. I don't question the iPod and video functionality, but the email functionality without a stylus or keyboard is a tough one to swallow. He also mentioned push email "just like the Blackberry". Well, which "BB killer" that has ever come out on the market hasn't mentioned BB's push email. The problem no one other than BB gets this right.

BTW, props to Cingular for always getting the cool phones! It's too bad their coverage is so iffy out here in the Bay Area.

"There's a time for compromise...it's called later".