View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #16
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I would really be curious what can be done to improve and prevent it from being overwhelming for new users. Any ideas/thoughts appreciated.
I'm not sure it is this site, but forums like this in general, when you first use one.

I honestly didn't notice the FAQ link when I joined. I learned about it first by seeing someone post a link to a FAQ article in a thread. I understand why so many people seem to have not even looked at the FAQ before posting: it's because many of them didn't even realize it is there.

There almost needs to be a tutorial, like when you setup a new device, you are made to click through training screens. I can imagine something similar, where the new member is taken through a presentation of the site organization, shown the link to the FAQ, the search feature, and given quick tips on what to know about BlackBerrys and what to know about BlackBerryForums rules and etiquette. I don't know if that is possible (or even how to do it). And of course, potential new members could say "to heck with this" and go back to Google and find another site.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote