View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
cyclmpc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

We only allow Blackberry's and iPhones. No other devices are supported. The main reason is security. Both devices are managed with software, obviously with the BES for Blackberry's and a 3rd party option with iPhone's/iPad's.

Without management software that will allow us to remotely manage and wipe the device, there would be no way we would support iPhones/iPads. All other devices are not supported as we cannot ensure this remote wipe. I know that Exchange has that ability wtih EAS, but I cannot stress enough the management part for us. I know there are some work arounds with Android, but those are 3rd party vendor widgets that make them work with EAS. I'm not suporting obscure vendors with workarounds.

It sounds as if your place needs an official Electronic Policy agreement. This agreement outlines everything we expect our users to understand when using devices, be it a handheld or laptop/desktop etc... It's about a 10 page document, so I cannot put it here. If you want to contact me directly, I could share some of it with you.