Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
smashed pumpkin

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Activation stuck at 52%, now won't activate at all

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

Using an 8900 on Blackberry Professional and am having problems with enterprise activation (I should mention at this point I'm our sys admin and have previously activated 20 BBs without problem).

Tried for the first time yesterday morning and the activation process went as far as 52% then sat there for 4 hours. Eventually I cancelled the activation, wiped the handheld, and tried again with a new activation code. Unfortunately activation won't even start now, a message appears reading "An error occurred. Please contact your system administrator." Behind that screen I can just about make out another error message "Activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transmission." The handheld is registered on the wireless network OK and I can run ping/dns tests with no problem.

Any ideas? I've deleted myself from Blackberry Manager, re-added, sent a new activation code about 5 times but still no joy. I've tried a battery pull, activating using a different user account and e-mail address, and wiped the handheld twice. I've also rebooted the Blackberry/Exchange server.

Would appreciate any suggestions!
Offline   Reply With Quote