View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM   #9
quentin

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None

Thank you for the responses.

Does anyone know if there is a technical document that covers all of the details on Enterprise Activation? I have more questions today that have been bothering me.

1) Specifically, I want to know what BES does when you add a user, and it sits in the "Initializing" state. Does the BES server transmit any information to the RIM data servers? If so, what type of information?

2) When a user attempts an Enterprsie Activation on their Blackberry handheld device, an email address and activation code is sent through the cellular network, to RIM's data center. Ive also read that RIM sends an email to the email address specified which contains details about the RIM device. What happens if the email address specified in Enterprise Activation is a forwarding email address, and forwards all messages to multiple email addresses? For example, if I typed in an email address of [email address], but Ive configured my gmail account to foward all messages to 2 other addresses, say [email address] and [email address]. Now, lets say companyX.com and companyZ.com are two totally different companies and both run BES servers. Will my blackberry device be synchronized with 2 seperate BES/Exchange accounts?
Offline   Reply With Quote