eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Not receiving text messages from web sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
I received a notice from ATT that they will be changing how they interact with a blackberry device. "supposedly" they will do a change in mid December and they will require users to reload the phone. I have asked if any stored email will be deleted and have not been able to get a clear answer.
With all the changes at Blackberry and the lack of Blackberry's support for carriers including users I suspect ATT may have made changes early in attempts to see if they will have problems.
I have noticed a delay in delivery of messages and emails. It may just be my location or other but something is definitely changing.
And just to add to the confusion the email received and the links given do not offer any clear answers.

the message from ATT

We’re updating the way that you connect your AT&T Yahoo Mail to your BlackBerry device on December 19, 2018. You’re impacted if you use Blackberry 10, BlackBerry 7 or earlier devices.

What this means for you:
Around December 19, you may be asked to sign in again to your AT&T Yahoo Mail account. Then, you will need to complete the below steps. Please make sure to have both your mobile device and a computer available.
Step 1 – Remove your account

You will need to temporarily remove your existing AT&T Yahoo Mail account from your BlackBerry device.

Step 2 – Re-integrate account

You will need to re-integrate the account by following the steps linked below for your device.

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000013799

A BlackBerry Knowledge Base article on issues using AT&T Yahoo Mail on Blackberry is available. We are also working with BlackBerry on a solution to enable OAuth access for Android BlackBerry devices.
For additional questions or concerns please visit AT&T Community Forums.
Thanks for being an AT&T Yahoo Mail user.
AT&T Yahoo Mail Team
I only have AT&T as my mobile carrier. I do not use any e-mail accounts from my Torch 9810, and I do not even know if I have an AT&T Yahoo e-mail account simply because AT&T is my mobile carrier. Therefore I do not know how I am affected by what you write above. My main problem is in texting, where I can text back and forth with individuals but do not receive text messages from websites that want to verify my phone number and/or identity to them.

Unfortunately the geniuses at AT&T have now decided, as an extra measure of "security", that you can not even login to your account anymore without first entering a text message code which they send to your cellphone. I have been back and forth with AT&T about this latter problem a number of times and they promise a resolution. In the meantime the original problem of this thread seems to have no resolution, but AT&T told me they have escalated that problem report also, not that I even expect a solution from them about it.
Offline   Reply With Quote