View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
The Trickster

Model: 8707V
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Unhappy Do I really have to wipe all of our devices?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone,

I've found a lot of info on here already that has helped me out greatly, but I now face some issues that I'm not sure how to resolve. This is long so I hope you can bear with me.

We have BES Server with 15 devices currently running off it. We've had a few issues with calendar synchronisation, mainly that changes made on the Blackberry devices don't replicate up to Outlook wirelessly (it does replicate from Outlook to the devices).

I think (from research) the reason for this is that I'm running all the Blackberry services with the administrator account instead of the BES Admin account. I tried changing the services to run using the BES Admin account, but then nothing works (ie. the server doesn't send any mail to the devices). I checked the event logs and found a bunch errors that seems to relate to permissions when I try to run the services as BES Admin. I've downloaded a list of what permissions the BES Admin account needs and it all seems to be correct, so I can't figure out why it won't work.

Anyway, I decided to build a new server and set everything up correctly from the start. I've built the server with a new name and everything has been done with a new BES Admin account called besadministrator. All looks good except I've now found out that the only way to get our devices onto the new server is to delete the users from the old server, wipe the Blackberry's entirely and start again.

I've now read that the only way to avoid this is to build the new server with the same name, using the same account as before, and backup and restore the database from the old server to the new one. But if I do this, it won't resolve the problem I've been trying to fix in the first place (ie. the calendar synchronisation problem).

Does anyone have any ideas as for how I can get this working without wiping the Blackberry's? If I have to wipe the devices, I might as well stay the way it is and ignore the calendar syncronisation issues, but I would have wasted a couple of days work here.

Cheers,
Tricky.
Offline   Reply With Quote