Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I'm not sure which version of Outlook express you are using but the one's I've seen don't even have a calendar/tasks portion built into it, only Email/Contacts/Memos.

What version are you running.
Steve, I'd like to thank you for asking that question, because if you hadn't asked, I never would've checked what version I'm using.

And I was wrong... while I DO have Outlook Express, I actually DO have a full version of Outlook installed... it's part of my copy of Microsoft Office 2000 that I've been using for years. Yes, I know it's an old, "outdated" version, but Office 2000 still works fine for the occasional tasks I do on Office, and my copy has a volume license key that allows me to install it on as many computers as I want... something you can no longer get with Office 2007... at least, not as far as I know.

Anyway... my copy of Outlook is Version 9.0.0.2711... probably pretty ancient. I just realized that I've never installed Microsoft Update on this computer, so I'm doing that now in the hopes that it will update my Outlook to a newer version and get it working for syncing again, because I really don't want to have to buy a copy of Outlook 2007. I can't stand the fact that MicroSoft has made it so that you can only install it on 1 computer, and therefore have to buy copies of Outlook, or at least key codes, for each computer you own. This of course means that I have to buy 2 copies, or at least 2 key codes, just to be able to put it on both my desktop and my laptop... absolute rubbish!

After I manage to get Outlook updated, I'll report back as to whether or not that worked.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Offline   Reply With Quote