PIN: 20817d2f
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
Wirelessly posted

Well first let me explain what is going on: the app designer wanted a black background and then instead of doing it properly and writing the code to have the list items be white they just got lazy and copied the text colour from the menu list because on the default theme the menu list is white. So it is their laziness that is causing your issue.

This of course means that they will have that exact same problem on MOST custom themes (meaning any theme that uses. Black or a dark colour for the menu list).

So really you should be talking to the app makers to get them to fix their app.

But like I said I have no problem giving you a modified version...

So like I said those apps are taking the list colour from the menu list colour. So what colour would you like the menu list to be?
Thanks, I appreciate your input and you willingness to work through this with/for me. If we leave the SELECTED item alone (black text on a blue background bar), can we change the non-selected items in the list to a light grey? What will that do to other, more well-behaved apps?
The theme does not effect properly written apps. Or more accurately it only effects them in ways the theme is intended to work.

The problem with your suggestion of making the menu list grey is then it would be grey on grey.

Just to make sure we are on the same page: right now as you are reading this (either on the website or on the supscription email) hit the Menu/Blackberry button. That menu that slides out from the left is what I am talking about. As you can see it is currently black text on a light grey background. So light grey on light grey would make your menus unreadable in all apps. I could do dark grey? Blue? Red? Green? White? (Dark grey and white are both probably not the best choice for contrast reasons).

The Theme Zone
Free Blackberry Themes
http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Offline   Reply With Quote