View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #29
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

I doubt it it's a new handset. Most insurance/warranty policies exchange/replace for a refurbished handset. A brand new handset is offered if the exchange takes place during the initial cooling off period for obvious reasons. CW does a third party insurance though so it might as well be a brand new Bold.

Personally i don't consider the 9700 to be an upgrade when replacing the 9000 but that's a personal opinion. There are a few at the office and a more cramped keyboard, a smaller screen, weird things happening with the lighting sensor that keeps flashing the screen up with lighting conditions unchanged, the trackpad making squicking and cricking noises and feels like it's about to fall apart under normal use, it's those little things that put me off.

On the good side it is TONS more snappy, battery life has improved a lot and more app memory means even more space to load crappy apps from the app store. So thumps up for that.

On a yet even another personal opinion i don't believe the Bold was ever a finished product. Numerous os and hardware issues that still haunt us, -just for kicks search the forum for white screen-, Orange UK pulled it away completely when in the first month of launch had more than half the sales returned. NTT Docomo in Japan launched it for a good 30 days before pulling it away completely and calling up RIM when the handsets start going extremely hot. (google is your friend for both of those events and/or more) so there is an element of inadequate quality control that needs to be addressed at some point (along with the elephant in the room).

On a final note let's make it yet for another time clear that that's a personal opinion and whoever feels the urge to flame i would advice to save his/her typing for something more constructive.

Enjoy your new Bold and i wholeheartedly wish you that it gives you less trouble than your last one.

Last edited by the-economist; 12-23-2009 at 07:53 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote