Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
lmcjipo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatementle View Post
so how is slingplayer on your 9700? did u install the 9000 version? I have a slingbox and my dad uses his the sling app on his iphone it cost 30 bones! how much does the bb version cost? any insight would be appreciated
For me, I find that SlingPlayer works very well on my Bold 9700. There is some mention of incompatibilities but the only thing that I noticed is that "Audio Only" mode does not work. If you happen to go into "Audio Only" mode, SlingPlayer will seem to be doing something but absolutely nothing will happen. If you exit SlingPlayer Mobile and go back into it, you will still be in this "Audio Only" mode. The only way that I found of using SlingPlayer mobile again was to delete it and reinstall it.

I installed it via a direct link that someone gave me on another forum since going to the SlingMedia Mobile website gave me a message that my Blackberry wasn't compatible.

I'm not sure whether I installed the 9000 version since the link that I used was http://download.slingmedia.com/playe...bold_EN_US.jad

The only way that I found of downloading the program was to go through a forum link. It didn't work when I typed the URL manually in the Blackberry Bold Browser.

I believe that the price of the Blackberry version is the same as the iPhone version. The thing with the Blackberry version unlike the iPhone/iTouch version is that you have a trial version so you can test it out. For me, I contacted SlingMedia and they allowed me to transfer my S60 license to the Blackberry because I lost my Nokia N95-4 phone. They wouldn't allow me to transfer the S60 license to my iPhone but allowed me to transfer it to any other device. When they told me that I could transfer my license to a Blackberry and didn't have to repurchase an S60 phone, I opted to get a Blackberry.

My Tech Blog
Offline   Reply With Quote