Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #107
BBFanboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I'm glad the BB works so great for you in your job. However in my job we use Exchange for email and my company does not use BES. The iphone syncs with Exchange right out of the box, so I'm not getting your "iphone is a great toy" reference, nothing could be farther from the truth. I my world the iphone is more useful then limited email you get with BB and BIS. And don't get me started about trying to use a BB with Macs. And the reason the Curve has sold more units then the iphone is its offered on all the carriers, not just one.
I don't believe I mentioned any features that actually require BES. (I won't even mention that there is a free version of BES for up to 10 users)

However, since you mentioned BES - I'll say I never connect my BB to the computer except to transfer files over USB - that should work on a Mac just as well. BES keeps all the settings backed up over the air - and all email is sync'd up over the air - including calendar, tasks, notes...

I'm not trying to get you started - since this is a BB forum and the question was asked 'what would I be missing if I went to an iPhone?' - I thought I should answer it!