View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 06:12 AM   #11
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyj5
Well, what is the difference between forwarding and popping. If it is forwarded will my reply be the blackberry address.
Nope not if you don't want it to. There is an option on the BWC/BIS that allows you to set the sent from address when you reply from your blackberry. For example you have a gmail account and want your email from [email address] to go to your blackberry. So you set up conditional forwarding of your inbox only via the filters I described earlier. So every mail addressed to [email address] is INSTANTLY pushed to your blackberry. Now you have also set-up your BWC/BIS so that your sent from address on your blackberry sent mail is [email address]. Now any email you send or reply to from your blackberry will have a "from: [email address]" line. This is different from a reply-to change as the message really appears to be orginating from gmail. I say appears because if you fully expose the headers you can decipher the true senting address of [email address]. However, for all intents and purposes it truly looks as if you are sending email from your blackberry with a gmail address; or whatever other address you want for that matter. IMHO you are not using your blackberry to its fullest potential unless you are using INSTANT forward. I tried pop for a while and it SUCKS! There is always a delay whether it is 1 minute or upto 15minutes depends on the polling cyle you catch your account in, but there is always a delay and that stinks. Try instant forward and you will never touch pop again. West side beyaches!