View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #60
ColombianPolo

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Hello All. Long time reader, not a big poster, but i did want to talk about this as i just moved my storm over to AT&T

i'd like someone to chime in if they see any problems or something i may be missing. i didn't have to do many of those steps to get my storm to work on AT&T. i did get it unlocked, and i had to change the number that appeared on the screen, as well as go into mobile network options and change it to GSM. once i did that, i rebooted the phone and it came up capital EDGE.

now, i don't have the usb cable so i couldnt' do the service book swap, so i thought i was SOL. i assume (may be wrong) that the service books is what gives you browser and data capabilities. i checked my service books and i saw that provisioning showed up, so i thought "well at least i can setup BES". so i had my email reprovisioned and activated it. well as part of the email reprovisioning, apparently our email provider (usa.net) downloads EVERYTHING because i got my browser working, some additional code modules, my BB messenger contacts, as well as the standard email/cal/address book.

so here i am right now installing FB and all these other apps on this storm and it seems it's 100% functioning w/out swapping service books.

am i missing something? has this happened to anyone else or does this make sense or am i lucky that my email provider provisioned me with the proper service books? just wondering what some of you pro's that understand this more have to say about it. Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote