View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 05:43 AM   #5
tommy.hanks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: AT&T
Talking

Sorry it has taken me so long to follow this up. After much trial and error I have finally done it. I have created an application that pushes out my company's emergency contact listing. With fbrimm's hint of the cache timeout period I was able to do a little more research about the issue and complete a process that will push content that will stay on the BlackBerry until I want it off. I don't know how many of you out there actually use Visual Basic, but it is the standard development platform at the company I work for, so my code is in that language. The most important part of the code as far as I'm concerned is the part that sets the headers of the data being pushed, so I have included them in this post.

Code:
Request.Headers.Add("Content-Location", "ECL")
Request.Headers.Add("Expires", Date.Now.AddDays(30).ToString)
Request.Headers.Add("X-RIM-Push-Title", "Emergency Contact Listing")
Request.Headers.Add("X-RIM-Push-Type", "Browser-Channel")
Request.Headers.Add("X-RIM-Push-Channel-ID", "ECL")
As you can see there is a header that is called "Expires", complicated stuff. All I have done is set the expires date to be 30 days after the current date, which would be the day that the content is pushed. You can set this to whatever you want, I just thought that 30 days would be a nice number, that I could get behind. My boss thought it was nice too, so there you go. If anyone would like to see any more of the code that I wrote for this little application just let me know, I'm more than willing to share.

Thanks,

T