Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #47
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcrew View Post
Try this, this is what I did. Talk to a customer service rep and tell them that you received an AD in the mail saying for a limited time that you could get the $99 dollar deal for the BB pearl with your current plan. They will say they don't have it on file anywhere, that's okay, just play dumb the whole time and say that you did receive it and also make sure that you say you don't have it on you right now (your wife has it or something to that extent). If you keep pushing like I did he/she will either eventually go talk to a supervisor to see if he can clear the problem up and get you the phones ( like they did for me.. btw i didn't even have to mail in a $50 rebate for the $99 deal) or he may transfer you to a supervisor, hopefully that doesn't happen because thats not how it worked out for me. anyway my bill came to about $205.00 with both pearls and no mail in rebates as an added bonus he gave me free shipping as well(doesn't hurt if the rep likes you i guess). when I received the phones I registered them and they were automatically signed up for the BB plan however after talking to a customer service rep they were able to remove the plan totally from my voice plan(if your rep tells you need it with a BB well keep calling until you get someone unfamiliar with the BB, since you dont have the BB plan if you followed my directions right they may not even realize whats going on). It's important to note that the AD deal I received said that I could keep my current plan, if you sign up the way you are suppose to with the nationwide data deal you will need the BB plan.

**[disclaimer] I actually did receive an AD in the mail and this is only an explanation on how I was able to receive the BB phones on my current network plan.

for those of you that don't believe here are some screen captures of my account (minus the personal info) .. tell me where I have the BB plan?
Verizon proof

Thanks but I dont download zip files from people I dont know.
Offline   Reply With Quote