View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
paulblackberry

Model: 8707
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NTT Docomo

Thanks for your comment. That's correct; no users have reported problems with blackberry service and we did try wiping the device and removing/readding the user.

The ping time between the BES server and the Exchange server is about 100ms. What kinds of times are you looking at in terms of activation?

BTW, I called our provider's BB support center and, per their advice, deleted and undeleted the desktop [sync] service book, then cancelled and restarted activation. As a result, the Enterprise Activation screen shows "synchronizing service desktop" (though with no percentage indicator) and many more services appear in an initializing state. Occasionally more services appear.

Support also advised me that, if there is no percentage indicator after some time (didn't specify a time), then I should cancel activation, shut down the BB device, remove the battery for a minute, then replace the battery, turn on the device, and restart activation.

I am not very knowledgable about BB (but am learning!), so I wonder if there's anything I can do to hasten the synchronization process.
Offline   Reply With Quote