NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: Playbook Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
It's not underrated. It never sold enough to be rated at all.
What matters is does it work for you. It does work for you.
But it is far from a mainstream success and yes - given how much BlackBerry had to write off in order to move the 18 month old inventory - it was a financial drain and partly responsible for the epic stock price drop.
I said this purchase was a test. Early on I had the Playbooks all boxed up to return to Amazon. I did that because they fell very short of meeting their advertised performance and my customer service experience was so horrible. People here and elsewhere have made comments about how bad the Playbook is. I don't go that far, at the price I paid.

(But, given that Blackberry was taking a big financial hit anyway, I wonder why they just didn't pull them from the market? The long term effect of selling a product that doesn't measure up is far greater than the short term financial loss.)

Then I changed my mind. I was in a hotel where all the WiFi is in a lobby area. So, I was able to see what everyone was using. Hear and discuss their satisfactions, their problems and their opinons. After that I decided for the Amazon price the Playbooks were good value for some mild internet browsing and as eReaders.

As functioning tools in our small ecosystem they are a near total failure. Combined with comments from new users of the latest smartphones I am a bit apprehensive about continuing as a Blackberry smartphone user. I don't have to make a decision yet so I haven't made one. From advertising there are several new models due out in the next month or two. We'll see what Blackberry does between now and then. As I've said before, I hope they get their minds on straight and produce a good product.

Last edited by NoBox; 03-10-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote