View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
wiredwrx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T=Mo
Default What Should I Upgrade To

Please Login to Remove!

I am a big fan of Blackberry, and truthfully, am not bothered by the outages. I am a solo attorney, and use my BB to integrate with my hosted exchange, and love how exchange and the BB work together.

But, as a solo, my BB is also my phone. I am currently using a Storm 2(on Verizon) and well, the phone is getting very long in the tooth. My battery life currently sucks, the phone is noticeably slower than when I got it. The browser blows major chunks, and always has, I am starting to get random reboots, and a reboot takes more than 15 or 20 minutes, which is completely mental. And well, it is plain old.

I want to upgrade/change handsets, but what do I get. I was hoping to wait for a QNX phone, but that seems like it may never happen, especially since BB just stopped developing two of the three new phones. I was also hoping to wait for a 4G phone, but alas, I don't think that is on the horizon for BB. I don't see any point in upgrading to a new phone with out LTE support. However, I am willing to if it makes sense.

There are some really nice Android units out there. Applications galore, very end user friendly, 4G, and there are apparently good email applications that can integrate with my hosted exchange. I am not getting an IPhone.

I am just wondering, what would you guys do in this situation. Stick with my storm, or get a new BB even though it is definitely not the latest and greatest thing, but stick with BB because of the email, and the updated software, whatever it is. Which BB would you choose. OR, Would you/will you/do you expect to get an Android device?

I know no one can tell me what is best for me, just looking for some opinion and thoughts from people, to help shape my decision.
Offline   Reply With Quote