View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #19
hillrp

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Risky Approach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc7928
I worked with RIM yesterday and they had me select all the users in BlackBerry Manager, and "clear pim sync backup data." Once I did that, I waited about 2 hours and ran the query. The results were much more accurate when compared to the previous time. This seems to fix the issue with the inaccurate query. BTW, I'm running BES 4.0.6 for GW so I'm not sure if Exchange and Lotus will have the same option or not. Worth a try to those of you pulling your hair trying to figure out if the devices updated or not.

This is a well known problem, and seems to affect a high percentage of 7250 devices. However, ~98% of my 8703e BlackBerry devices reported (DST Query Tool) an Applied status within 10 minutes of the push. You run the risk of not being able to wirelessly restore a BlackBerry for a period of time if the backup data is cleared. I have been working with the RIM escalation team and they don't recommend this approach. They are feverishly working on a method of triggering the BlackBerry to send in the information to the server, and they hope to have it out by the end of the week. They were surprised to hear that a RIM rep was suggesting the PIM/Backup Clear method.