View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
jessejf

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Can receive but not send email; how do I change smtp server

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have successfully setup my work e-mail (imap on Blackberry Internet Service) so that I receive e-mails but I can't send.

When I try to send e-mails, I get the following error:
The following message to <cityed@standard.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'<jfruh@standard.net>: Sender address rejected: Blocked'

My tech admin at work said this is a security thing that our company smtp server will not send my e-mails because I am connecting to the internet using T-Mobile Internet service. This makes perfect sense to me.

So what I need to do is change my BB to send using a T-Mobile smtp server (the admin said) or another smtp server that will accept me. He did not, however, know how to adjust settings on a Pearl or within the T-mobile web site.

Is the server address that I'm looking for myemail.t-mobile.com ? Or is that server address obsolete?

Additionally, how do I get my BB to send email using an smtp server of my choosing? I've looked at settings on the handset and at bis.t-mobile.com where I setup the email address in the first place. Neither appears to have an option to choose a particular smtp server.

Please help. Each of three times I have called T-mobile's BB techs they have seemed very clueless.

Thanks in advance for your help.