View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

My suspicion is that given the few people that are members of BBF who have complained about the Pearl [it's junk or whatever] in comparison to how many Pearls have been sold, is that the Pearl is a very good product and 99% of Pearl owners are satisfied customers.

Simply observing all the posts in here, most of those whom have complained about the Pearl have:

Abused the phone in some way.

Taken apart the Pearl to do a little self-help, such as cleaning the trackball.

Modified the Pearl to do whatever, such as modifying the battery cover for better speaker performance.

Goofed up the Pearl because they don't know how to do whatever, something as simple as inserting a SIMS, MicroSD card, or installing a skin.

As a first production item the Pearl can be micro-criticized, but all and all it does everything as advertised.

The few people that post in here that have problems do not represent the overall status of the Pearl in the market. Consider that a report said T-Mobile had a less than 1% return rate on the Pearl. To T-Mo that represented the Pearl being a complete success.

Frankly, I chuckle when people frantically post on BBF that they are having some problem, declare the phone the worst product on earth and then say they returned the phone.

I also question and find amusing people who post in here who do not even own a Pearl. They just talk in generalities and clutter up the 8100 section.

As a user of just about every consumer electronic device that a person can use, I am known for being hypercritical of any product I buy and use. To date I have seen nothing wrong with the Pearl to cause me to 1) take it back; 2) not consider it the best phone I have ever had; and 3) not recommend it to others.