View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #21
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I will put my two cents in on the cheating comments. I used to share the same beliefs as Noodle22 posted above. Until I met a woman that was married to a controlling, mentally, and emotionally abusive husband. She was married to this man for 10 years and has put up with A LOT. She has 2 kids with her husband of 10 years and wanted to stay with him to make things work for the kids. She decided to put up with him being mentally and emotionally abusive and controlling for her kids. A sacrifice that she thought was worth it at the time. In turn, she looked for comfort/support somewhere else as she was not getting it at home.

I am not saying that her cheating was the right thing to do, but I do understand why she cheated. She is no longer with her husband, currently going through an ugly divorce process. I, too, have been cheated on and after hearing her story, I look back and do blame myself a little for the one that cheated on me.

Her situation kind of opened my eyes to a different outlook on why people cheat. I used to believe once a cheater, always a cheater. But now I believe it really depends on the person and/or the situation they may be in. As for this woman I described above, I don't think she would cheat again if she wasn't in a relationship like she is finally getting out of.

Just my two cents.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote