Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #12
bbgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: all
Carrier: All carrier's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pking
Info with Patchmanager 2.2...

I just rolled out the DST patch to about 30 BB's with my BES 4.0SP6 Server.

The users will see a dialog box pop up on their BB's saying "The time zone information has been updated" Do you want to reset YES, NO
1 of 4

I guess the message will come back up on their screen 3 more times and give them the option to hit yes or no.

This is kinda crap because half my users hit NO. This patch should FORCE the reset. Never leave it up to your users to do something even if you yell at them and tell them how important this is.

Patchmanager 2.3 apparently WILL force the reset after 4 warning messages.

Another thing I saw is I got a ton of these errors

Error,0x87,0x83,200

Which means it can't find a transport or something and it download the patch.
Well...I don't have a Proxy server so this shouldn't have been an issue.

I don't know why the BB's wouldnt download the patch.

I went to the BB's manually and went into Setting, Options, DST Patch and said Dowload now and in a few seconds it downloaded the patch.

Seems like downloading automatically is troublesome.

Anyways...good thing I only have 30 BB's. I am telling my users to bring them in so I can just rerun the download and then reset it for them.

Then I know its done.

Good Luck!
you CAN make them install it. while configuring the software configuration, you can create an application policy that forces the handheld to install.

I am having trouble using the dang query tool. How long did it take for your handhelds to recieve the push? I just pushed it to two handhelds for a test, and nothing has happened yet?