View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #148
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I had my Pearl working fine as a tethered modem via BT (from XP Pro w/sp2) when I was using OS 4.3 and DM 4.3. Now I've upgraded to OS 4.5 and DM 4.6 and I can't get the BT connection to work. If I look on my BB and go into Manage Connections, there is a check mark next to Bluetooth On, but the indicator to the right is Yellow.

I successfully paired the Pearl to my laptop, but it won't maintain a connection. If I go into Bluetooth Setup (on my BB), it says Bluetooth: Enabled, and my laptop is in the list of devices. But, it's not bold, because my BB isn't connected to it. I tried deleting my laptop from the list on the BB and deleting the BB from the list on my laptop, and then re-adding/pairing them. I also did a battery pull and rebooted my laptop, too, then tried again.

My BT drivers in XP are the ones that got installed via Microsoft Update.

Any idea what I've got wrong?

For the record, it was all working fine, as I said, then I upgraded my BB OS and the DM. I don't believe I used the BT tethering for the week or two after that, then my laptop died and I had to re-install XP from scratch. So, now I'm trying to recreate my Dial-Up Networking setup for tethering via BT. I don't think the new install of XP matters, because I had noticed my BB BT connection to my laptop cycling between connected and not connected on a roughly 10 second interval even before my laptop died and had to be rebuilt.
Verizon 9550
Offline   Reply With Quote