Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: How Is The Battery Life?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
9900 -v- 9700

The 9900 has a more powerful processor, it has a larger screen, and it has a touch screen..

These all = More drain on the battery!

I personally think RIM should have included a larger battery but the reality is they are in competition with other devices that tout how slim they are..
It seems to me that RIM sacrificed battery life in exchange for features that appeal emotionally to its users. The touch screen on the 9900 is so Ooh! and Ah!, but what's so bad about the 9700 trackpad or even the trackball from the past? Is it possible to disable the touchscreen and navigate only through the 9900 trackpad to reduce battery usage?

I do admit that the 9900's browser is the best feature. Works as well as the Safari browser, and RIM was long overdue here. Beats the pants off my 9700 browser, but for websites that take forever to load on the standard 9700 browser, I also have the Opera and Bolt browsers that both help with navigation issues, and they work out well.

The thin battery for the 9900 is where RIM failed. Given the features of the 9900, a battery of 2000 mAh would have solved the problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote