Old 11-09-2007, 01:45 AM   #12
squeakr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T & T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalrep View Post
After a long conversation with T-Mobile I finally got my case #(4338143) for the bluetooth issues with UMA. They spoke with RIM and RIM needed to speak with me. The RIM employee stated that it is a known issue that they are aggressively addressing. It is NOT hardware or frequency related but rather a software problem. He also aknowledged that the .180 software worsened the problem. If it was hardware or frequency, then software wouldn't make a difference.

He also stated that if anyone else had similiar issues that they should call in. The more people that call in the higher it goes on their proirity list.
Glad to see that they are aware of and addressing the issues, but I have to disagree with your statement that if it was hardware or frequency related that software wouldn't make a difference. Just ask anyone that has perfomed an upgrade to WM5 or WM6 and see hown the same exact hardware reacts more stable and the environment of the device has better response and signal. Yes the hardware won't change, but the filtering or algorithm to arrive at the signal handling and handoffs could be improved or degraded therefor directly affecting how the hardware reacts (so yes software could affect how things are handled in the device). I had a I730 that came with Windows 2003se and the BT was unuseable on it (some said i was the hardware implementation on the device), but when Samsung released the WM5 upgrade the BT worked flawlessly afterward (it was a case of the software implementation not correctly being handled and this causing the hardware to e unusable, so it can happen both ways).
Offline   Reply With Quote