Thread: Nokia 810
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
wdtarver

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Cool Nokia n810 and BB 8320

I went through much the same process as you regarding iPhone/iPod Touch etc., and I ended up with the BB Curve 8320/Nokia N810 combo. The Curve does 95% of what I need, esp. with the Opera browser, and it does all the PIM functions that the iPhone/iPod/N810 do not currently address. The Curve really is an amazing product. The N810 covers the remaining territory -- a more or less complete web browser in my pocket. It is definitely not as slick as the iPod Touch, but it does so much more. A little rough around the edges, though. I'm headed to Jamaica later this week, and the only electronics I will be taking are the BB 8320, the N810, and the SU-8W BT keyboard.

My biggest disappointment with the N810 is the inability to tether it to my BB 8320. My service provider is T-Mobile, but I don't think that's where the problem is. I even tried doing a bluetooth tether to my Nokia 6822. It worked for one web access and then stopped cold. I hope that this problem with be addressed by Nokia and/or Blackberry in the near future, because the bluetooth tether was a major reason for my purchase of the N810. WiFi access is fine, but in a pinch, cell network access could come in handy.

Bottom line, I am extremely happy with my 8320 purchase, and am still evaluating the real utility of the N810.

Hope this helps.
Offline   Reply With Quote