dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Default Re: Blackberry without data but with wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazli View Post
Opps , really sorry about my rude.

I am Fazli from Malaysia, i just bought a 9780 bold from a phone shop not from the telco/carrier and i currently use the Digi carrier call and the data plan. i didn't buy my phone with signing the contract with any telco/carrier so i can switch to any provider if needed.

the weird thing i notice even i subscribe/pay the call + data plan, if i am a Blackberry user i even require pay for addiitional small fee in order for blackberry services , if i don't pay for this, not only special features of blackberry such as blackberry messenger, push mail, i am not even can use the general internet browsing with my blackberry bold although i already have the data plan,i being told. I don't know this is same at other country or provider?

this is my problem, i found i am not even able to go online if that is wifi available to be access by me, this is misleading from the datasheet of the blackberry as they told us it is support wifi but now it is hidden "term and condition' . i will forseen i have bigger problem if i am go oversea, i can't use the wifi out there, have use my current carrier with hosh cost.

Can i know this is the carrier problem or the phone had been setted? can the unlock phone solve this kind of problem. Please bear in mind i can and i have freedom switch my phone to any call & data plan provider in Malaysia, such as Digi, umobile, maxis, Celcom, i think also no problem with any country provider as well, just now if i switch off the data plan, i just plainly use the wifi to suft the web.
Again, all BlackBerry devices with any carrier require BlackBerry data plans in order to operate properly, including over WiFi.