View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Zandranna

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin
Default Swapping Service Provider

Please Login to Remove!

Before I start please forgive me if I use the wrong terms. I"m not very knowledgeable about what is what yet.

I bought an Orange pay as you go B/Curve. Due to appalling Orange reception in my area I had my Grandson sort out getting the Blackberry opened so that I could use my Virgin pay as you go sim.

I have managed to set up the Blackberry for the change over ok until I got to the gprs? and roaming part of it.

I can make calls, send texts, and use my wifi on it, but the moment it comes to getting on the web without Wi-Fi it tells me "The network is currently unavailable, however an old version of the page is available" or it will tell me "This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection"

I went into ...

Manage Connections
Mobile Network Options
Menu
My Preferred Network List

From here on in I don't know what to do......

If I try to add Virgin it tells me the list is full and I don't know which one/s it is ok to delete to make room for Virgin.

I don't even know which services Virgin would be linked to for roaming. And I don't even know if I am on the right track even.

All I want is to be able to use Virgin to allow me to use a gprs?? connection, (using the web while out and about)

I would appreciate any help.

Last edited by Zandranna; 04-27-2011 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: To add more relevant information
Offline   Reply With Quote