View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
zebAdee

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK
Default Re: Swapping Service Provider

Apologies for HiJacking this thread but I have a similar, if laughable situation.
My wife accidentally put my Virgin Mobile 8520 Blackberry through the washing machine AND tumble dryer recently.
I had a sim-free replacement supplied, swapped over the Virgin SIM and the Blackberry services switched over - no problem. 'phone working fine.
Subsequently, I have throughly dried, dismantled, cleaned and reassembled the originally fated BB, and it is working. Now, I despise throwing anything away, so I purchased an unlock code from "cell-unlock" dot com. Duly entered the code and had it accepted by the 'phone, however the Blackberry will not give me any service when various SIMs are inserted. It variously shows GSM in the top right corner, changing to an "X" occassionally and maybe "SOS" Also "Searching For Network" sometimes appears, but any call attempt results in a delay and then "Call Failed" Also if the number associated with the inserted SIM is called it is reported as "Not Available" Today I received a free T-Mobile Blackberry SIM, but this does just the same!
Can anyone shed any light on what may be the problem?

TIA
Martin

PS: Sorry for the diatribe.
Offline   Reply With Quote