Old 06-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendricks View Post
Hi,

I think there's probably a solution under my nose for this but I can't believe it isn't simpler to do this on a BES setup.

Since the blackberries don't grab the global address list from Exchange, I've created my own address book inside Public Folders on our Exchange 2003 server, with all the staff's names in them. I update it when someone leaves or joins the company.

Right now I'm copying this down to be a sub-folder of the user's contacts in Outlook 2003. It works great, until someone leaves or joins the company. Is there an automated solution for this that would auto-sync their local "AllStaff" contacts list with the current one in public folders (or the GAL) so I don't have to keep updating it on everyone's outlook? They don't like the "lookup" function.
I feel your pain. I'm doing the same thing for about 10 users who don't have computers.

You can set up Public Folders to sycn (wired) with Desktop Manager if that will meet your needs. Jibi posted a few weeks back with information on a version of BES due out next year(?) that may include the functionality to wirelessly sync Public Folders.