View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
yababy

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

I'm an original curve user and never saw anything to upgrade to until now. Overall, I love it.

The make and build is excellent. I love the chrome edge around the front. And for me, I like the weight, not too light.

Keypad and optical pad. No problem. The keypad is a little different feel from curve. I just stopped trying to feel for the bump and just started pressing down right in the middle of the key and no problems. However, using two fingers to enter numbers, it gets tricky doing ALT and 7 since they are right next to each other. Another thing, they could have made the Shift keys wider. the space beside it is just wasted.

The battery is definitely like at least 50% bigger than the curve so I hope it lasts longer.

Haven't tried all the Apps but my favorite so far are the visual voicemail and the Slacker Radio. For T-mobile you have to call them to activate visual voice mail. It's free but it's not automatic. You get to see all your voice mails like a call list; you can select any one on the list to listen to immediately, no need to call in to voice mail and navigate forward trying to find it. Slacker Internet Radio sounds so good I have now started looking for my first stereo bluetooth headphones. Because it's so good, I will probably never use the MP3 player. The free service (you get some commercials) is perfectly acceptable to me, no need to upgrade and pay $4 a month. I hope to get Google Calendar and BB calendar working and synchronized.

Call quality seems fine. Oh, and using the BB Slacker Radio plugged into the Aux input on my car, I have so far enjoyed music driving around with no drops.

I would be interested in comments about the menu navigation and OS. It seems like a great improvement over what I had in the curve in terms of speed and organization.
Offline   Reply With Quote