View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #14
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson_hg View Post
Wow, pings times over 215. It's a wonder you're still working. By the way, RIM does not want it below 35, Microsoft does. MAPI is not designed to handle high ping times, so RIM has to follow Microsoft specs on that.
Well RIM told us "35 but we let you get away with up to 75", but either way we sort of blow that out of the water . I know it is unsupported by RIM but most of what we do is in some way <g>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson_hg View Post
It's no surprise that EA takes a long time, especially with users that have large mailboxes.

But, as long as the users don't see any issues and you don get blocked worker threads yet. I will warn you though, I don't know how long this setup has been working but at some point it will more than likely break. It always has in my experience, just don't call RIM because the only thing they will tell you to do is place the BES closer to Exchange.
Oh yeah I know it's not good but it's been there for about 4 years and still doing the do. I will put a BES over there at some point but we just don't get enough complaints to justify it. Once they are running, their BBs generally fly