View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Default Re: Blackberry 10 = Requires New Server Environment

Is this the blurp you are referring to which was written a few days ago ? That mobile Fusion will be the Management system for all PB and OS10 devices?

What is the future of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server? Discussing the Mobile Device Management (MDM) Product Roadmap «Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

I guess that there will be no need for a BIS service anymore, because the necessary tools are bult into the phone.
And (guess) there will be no need for a blackberry network infrastructure because this will be handled by the fusion software.

The article does not say, the blackerry system is dead, but it states between the words, that there will be no further updates to the current technology - which is the same as dead. The BES servers have to stay to support legacy devices and all new handhelds are managed my the mobile fusion Software.

For me that does not mean much, because I think i can just stay with what I have. But for anyone who constantly has to replace its phones it will be painful to further support the legacy blackberry devices.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote