View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 AM   #5
HandyD

Model: none

KB912918 doesn't work. Blackberry's solution to switch off the router for 20 mins is ridiculous.

Adding the Send As permission to the service account for each user is the way to go but the only snag as you may have found out is that the permission is deleted after an hour. It's also inconvenient especially if you have many Blackberry users.

This is how it should be fixed:

1. Open AD Users and Computers

2. Select View and Advanced Settings

3. Create a Domain Local Security group at the highest OU level that contains the users accounts that have Blackberrys.

4. Add these users as members of the group.

5. Go to the Security Tab for the group.

6. Click Advanced Permissions button.

7. Click Add and select the account that you use as your BES service account.

8. On the Permissions page change the drop down for Apply Onto to read User Objects

9. Then set Send As and Read permissions

10. Make sure the Apply These Permissions to Objects Within This Container box is unchecked.

11. Click Ok out of all the permissions pages.

12. Then restart exchange system attendant to refresh the permissions cache.

13. You'll now find that the permission is inherited by all your BB users and it will now stick.

14. Throw darts at your convenient picture of Bill Gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd75
I am experiencing a memory leak problem with my BES 4.0 server. I call RIM tech support and they told me it was a known problem and that I need to upgrade to Exchange SP2. When I do this I am going to encounter the problem that MS describes lately where you have to explicitly allow besadmin send as permissions for each bes user in order for mail forwarding to continue. However, the Microsoft documentation says that if the user is a member of the Domain admins group it will automatically revoke "send as" permissions. So it tells you to create an additional account for that user and give the original account send as permissions to the new account??? Confused yet? I know I am.. and when I called RIM for some more clarification they told me to call MS because it is an AD issue.. I said considering it is so closely related to their product they should probably have some answers for their customers, but I think my complaints were falling on deaf ears.. Has anyone here had to do this yet?? Here are the links to the RIM and MS articles.. If you are running Exchange you will encounter this sooner or later...

Apparently I can't post URLs because of my newbie status.. so just cut and paste these links and replace DOT

Any help would be appreciated!