View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #5
Ted Harper

Model: 7290
Default Definitely set as Trusted

Thanks, but it is definitely set as a "trusted" device, and I don't get that extra prompting dialog to give it permission to connect each time.

My headset simply doesn't want to get involved in a call dialled from the Blackberry unless I manually transfer it via the BB menu once the outgoing call is ringing. It is a few years old, and works "properly" with the Ericsson phone I originally bought it for, so based on the feedback in this thread I'm now guessing there is just some incompatability between its Bluetooth implementation and what the 4.0 firmware in the BB is expecting.

I've actually gone back to a "wired" handsfree with the BB in the car now, just because I have found that manual sending of outgoing calls to my Bluetooth headset to be too difficult when driving.

My main car is a convertible, so in a few months (it is winter down here now so the roof is always closed and hence no particular hurry) I'll probably buy a new bluetooth headset of some other brand that is well thought of in the Reviews thread, mainly for the noise-cancelling and tight in-your-ear earpiece that some of them are coming out with now (and which the wired headset doesn't have).

Thanks again,

ted.h.