Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
redbandana
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooondog View Post
Turned in my Bold today. I was on day 29 since I bought it. Downgraded to the 8110 for now. I've had the 8100 for a while so am comfortable with it.

Why was I forced to do this you ask? The friggin battery life SUCKED. I tried everything. All the great help this forum offers. Tried every trick, setting, etc... Last couple of days my battery would last maybe 5 hours before it was at 10%. Even at it's best it would get maybe 8 hours of light use.

First and foremost, it's phone. I need the PHONE to work for 12-15 hours without plugging it in. And I'm not talking about running all kinds of apps all day. 100 or so emails. Dozen or so texts. Maybe 15-30 minutes of web browsing at most. BT only in my car. That's it.

So with only 1 day left with the ability to return and get an exchange/refund, I had to make a decision. Take another Bold with no guarantee it will be better. Or take the sure thing. Because of my business, I had to go with the sure thing.

It's a shame because I loved EVERYTHING about the Bold. But the battery issue is a killer. My co-worker will be turning in his as well by Saturday...."day 30" for him. Same issues.

Hopefully they'll find a solution to this well documented problem.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support and great info posted in this forum to a couple of my posts and others. Cheers.

ps --- dealing with this was pretty stressful and annoying.....i feel very relieved that it's over. Kind of.....

3G and bluetooth drains every battery, period, at least outside a metropolitan area when referring to 3G.
Offline   Reply With Quote