View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Agreed. I have had the iPhone and the iPhone 3G (two of them, actually). Before (and in-between) the iPhones, I have had BlackBerry devices going all the way back to the RIM 950. I just keep coming back to the BlackBerry. The iPhone is a great device, and the 3GS looks to be even nicer, but it still doesn't have a hardware keyboard. For me, that's a big deal. There's more to it than that, but the keyboard on the Bold is just that amazing.

And unkmark, ironic what you said as that is exactly what I said last week when I picked up the Bold. It just feels right.

Beyond that, though, is the issue of switching carriers. The grass is always greener, as they say. You will find AT&T has its share of issues as well, from down time to spotty 3G coverage in areas. I have been with AT&T for so long I can't remember what they used to be called, but at one point it was BellSouth DCS I think. I won't be leaving AT&T for another carrier because none are perfect, so I might as well stick with the one I have the history with. It helps me out since I change phones more than I change socks (I'll be switching to the Tour/Onyx/whatever it will be called when it hits AT&T for example).

On the other hand, something to consider... It has been said that AT&T is the largest BlackBerry carrier in the US, and possibly in the world. If accurate, there wouldn't be a better carrier if you plan on sticking with the BlackBerry.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline; 06-14-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote