Old 10-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
kpw4v

Model: 9000
PIN: 25542079
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk11 View Post
Wirelessly posted

Carriers like Orange are just freakin' out with the complaints frm the masses & return/exchanges. These aren't due to the hw being faulty, but rather the sw being too unstable. My qualms have always layed with the carriers. They themselves are most of the time are not well versed with the devices that they sell & support. All they could have done was keep tabs on NEW OS dev't from RIM, use this forums and others as user feedback, and just apply this. Have ppl upgrade to the newest OS, or just drop-in to their stores and do it for the owners. All it takes is abit more effort put-out by carriers to help out the masses. Instead of taking the easiest way out, STOP SELLING. All I can say, SELL OUT!!!

Their call centres and support technicians need better product training and hands-on t/shooting. Else, no matter what RIM launches, there'll be another round of this thing cropping-up again. Oh well, we are at the carriers mercy anyways. Hehehe...

Just my 2 cents for the day...
Not wanting to defend Orange (they messed me about big style) but their TS folks are on a hiding to nothing. They have shed loads of phones to support and thousands of "noobs" with the latest phone wanting to know how to get farcebook to work. All BB's and the Bold in particular are very complex devices and do a lot more than a normal phone. Add this they are different (service books?) from most PDA/phones out there.

However, to it would seem to me that the carriers like Orange are at fault. They rush to get the latest hot product to market (they were first with the Bold in the UK) without full and proper testing. Just don't blame the TS folks too much.

Kevin
Offline   Reply With Quote