View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #19
Korbyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

I found issues, and RIM apparently has confirmed it, with Microsoft security patch MS05-051, and can block the UDP packets that the BES server is waiting for. What I hear you guys describing is that the emails are actually getting delivered to the devices when the BES does a rescan, which it does typically every 20-30 minutes.

If you go into your agent log files (servername_MAGT_1) and search for "Queuing new mail through rescan" (without the "") If you are seeing hundreds if not thousands of those, chances are the UDP packets from the exchange server aren't reaching the BES application, and can be blocked from everything including the firewall, port filtering, or the MS05-051 patch.

I also experience with that MS05-051 patch, smaller groups of users, usually between 22 and 32, getting a hung thread. I removed the patch and didn't have any issues for two weeks... Then I upgraded to 4.1 SP1... But before then I was seeing the hung thread 2 or 3 times a day.

Check your logs, but the is a good chance if you have no firewalls between your bes and exchange server that MS05-051 is the source of your issue.