Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
lw1183

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Connecting PC to home Wifi via Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

First off, apologies if I'm asking this in the wrong place, and secondly apologies if this has already been asked. I have searched through the forum as well as done some web searching but haven't found anything related to my specific (and slightly strange) query.

I have a Curve 8520, and I've recently been reading a few sites explaining how you can use a Blackberry as a modem to connect a PC or laptop to the internet. Thing is, all the guides I've read are for people who are on dataplans, and are basically connecting to the internet via the carrier service.

I've had my Blackberry hooked up to my wireless router so I can browse the net via my home Wifi to download stuff onto my device. I don't have a dataplan however.

I have an old PC which sits unconnected to my home Wifi network, but would like to have it occassionally connect to the internet so I can download updates.

What I would like to know is whether it's possible to use my Blackberry to connect that PC to my home Wifi? Again I don't have a dataplan so the connection will basically be via PC > Blackberry > Home Wifi.

Is this possible, and if so, do I simply follow the same steps in the guides I have seen so far, or do I need to do anything differently?

Thanks in advance

[Lone]
Offline   Reply With Quote