Thread: Bold Vs. Iphone
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #12
taztex

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

The iPhone is just a media player with phone/email duct taped on. I had one for 4 months and finally had to bite the bullet and pay another $300 for a real phone because I couldn't stand it. I was constantly hanging up on clients and meetings because my face would hit the end call or hold "buttons". Now that I have the BB Curve, I only use the iPhone to watch vids or listen to music on the plane. Yes, the iPhone is sexier, but if you use your phone for anything business related I suggest you steer clear. I'm sure the iPhone suits most user needs just fine but I'm in consulting and use my phone for work as much, if not more than my laptop.

Quick question....
Will the Bold finally be able to auto-detect timezone changes and update the clock? I love my Curve but I still think it's pretty F'ing stupid they can't figure out how to adjust the phone's clock based on area you are in like every other cell phone that's come out in the last 10 years.

And don't give me that "won't sync up correctly with email/calendar" BS... Time zones are stored on messages/events in MS Exchange.

I know it's a small gripe for such a great phone, but I travel to a different city/country almost every week and I have called in late or completely missed meetings because I got used to all my previous phones updating automatically.

Last edited by taztex; 09-05-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote